Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tuesday 19th February

Just as well that penalty didn't go in last night!


The racing remains on ice. Domestic football throws up prices on ratings for several home teams that could be 'value', but I can fully see in each instance why bookies are looking to get the teams in the satchel.


Which leaves us with the Champions League, something I usually give a wide berth. I was reading all the foreign journalists in the Racing Post this morning and was quite taken by how sure they were that Inter Milan and Real Madrid were the best two sides around right now. Their league positions provide plenty of back-up to such a notion. I can't help but notice they are 4th and 5th favourites on the outright just now – patriotism and Barcelona hype pushing them to feasibly decent odds. They are already part of my portfolio, but I'm topping up this morning at 9/1 and 10/1.


More mundanely for tonight the bet I've ended up with is under 2.5 goals in the Chelsea match. Olympiakos is a tough place to go, and this looks like one of those patient smash and grab jobs Chelsea excel at in the league. It's no price, but probably fair.


£500 Challenge

Chelsea/Olympiakos £25 under 2.5 goals at 4/7

No comments:

Post a Comment