Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday 24th February

I need to get out and plant 75 hornbeam plants before the League Cup Final so no hanging about!


A few choices on a surprisingly good day's racing. But in the end I plumped hesitantly on O'Maley in the 2:45 at Fontwell.


This looks a match between him and top class hurdler Oscar Park. He has to give 4lbs and Oscar Park won easily last time. On the other hand Oscar Park looked far from natural first time out and is old to be going chasing. O'Maley jumped poorly here on his debut also, but is getting better, keeps zooming round the course and should again get a soft lead. Oscar Park will probably have to be near as good as Air Force One to get past and I'll bet he isn't.


If he loses that will be some readjustment to the fund over one weekend – which will teach me to up the unit stake just as I take a flyer at some longer-priced horses than usual for the fund!


£500 Challenge

£25 win O'Maley at 5/2

3 comments:

  1. Typical - my alternative was a 20/80 on Lough Derg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:08 PM

    Tooting, missed Lough Derg today. Have an ante-post interest with him in the World Hurdle.
    Does he have enough in his locker to trouble Inglis Drever?

    Also, I know the odds are not awesome, but 9/4 about a Mitchell and Maccarenelli double (08 March 08) looks plum.

    Mitchell is top 10 best pound for pound in UK (that 10 does not include Khan whom I think Mitchell is in front of if they meet).

    Haye will get tagged against Macca (he always does and I say that as a fan of his). Macca hits hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I don't think he'll get close to the great Inglis. If you want any encouragement Johnson's yard has shut down for a week or so - which must cast a smidgeon of doubt over Inglis, though this has happened in the past and he's always been OK.

    Lough Derg's a real tough genuine horse though - he won't lose for want of trying.

    As our rsident boxing expert I've diaried these. Thanks. Maybe!

    ReplyDelete