Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Tuesday 5th February

There are two novice chases today of interest. Difficult to find an early price bet though. Negus De Beaumont is supposedly Murphy's best novice and I've already had a small bet for the Sun Alliance. That looks wasted though and this confidence booster over a trip too short won't tell us much. There are a couple of decent opponents here, especially McCain's. 5/4 is probably fair and I'd probably back him if he drifts badly as looks likely, but for now I'll sit tight.


The novice chase at Market Rasen looks a match and with the French raider an unknown quantity it's hard to price up. I'd probably side with Theatre Diva, but Venetia Williams' course form hardly inspires confidence and he'd have to drift similarly to Negus for me to become interested.


So, it looks like football will carry the challenge money again.


Stockport are away to Bury. I was updating my ratings and see that Bury are now bottom of my ratings, despite being only 4th bottom in the table. Stockport's away form is decent and this league seems to have gone away win mad this year. MK Dons must have loved being able to quench their goal-thirst at Bury over the weekend, and I'll take Stockport, whilst protecting some of our bet in the case of a draw, especially as 11/10 is actually my ratings price for Stockport to win.



£500 challenge

Stockport £20 at 11/10 (bigger available) -0.25 asian handicap


1 comment:

  1. That worked out well for the challenge - shame I managed to back the two drifiting novice chase favourites.

    ReplyDelete