Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday 12th February

Arsenal's 91st minute goal was a bugger. At least Verasi kept us ticking over.


I've had real trouble this morning deciding on the challenge bet from 3 bets I have lined up. In the end I've fudged the staking – not something to please the professional purists, but has worked quite well when done in the past. I can see reasons not to bet any of them, but also could easily have put any one of them up.



Folkestone 2:30 sees a match and I'm not sure why it isn't 5/4 each of two. That being so we have to play the 6/4 Polinamix who at least has shown he can jump and has only been beaten by two very decent yardsticks.


Football and we get a chance to get after Bury again. This will be the last time if it goes wrong as their managerial change will be looking shrewd. However their victory and Wycombe's loss is inflating the price on the latter.


We can also stick with Crystal Palace who are odds on in my book, but the bookies are after them – not least due to their unfortunate habit of drawing 1-1 at home – feel free to cover that eventuality. I think I'll do the treble these bets as well.



£500 Challenge

£10 win Polinamix 6/4

£10 win Wycombe 6/4

£10 win Crystal Palace 13/10



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:36 PM

    Good start to the day Tooting.
    Well done fingers crossed for your treble.
    Cheers Matamata

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Matamata - yes fingers crossed - what an amazing drift on Polinamix - I was sat there, half of me wanting to shovel a bit more money on at 2s and half of me thinking the games fixed!

    Luckily the greedy half beat the cyncial half today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fair play to the bookies who went after Palace - Wycombe 2-0 up hurts though.

    (and MK Dons were 3-0 up!).

    If I had decided on one of the three bets for today's challenge it would have been Palace, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

    ReplyDelete