Thursday, February 07, 2008

Thursday 7th February

The novice chase looks very informative today with Leading Attraction and Karanja making debuts off a long break and Mith Hill stepping into the fray. One to watch though. The juvenile hurdle at Huntingdon looks similarly one to note for the future rather than to punt.


That was going to leave me looking at the African Nations semi-finals. My overall book on the tournament sees me profiting as long as Cameroon don't win, and from what I've seen there's little doubt Ivory Coast are the best team. However, it's not best recommended to press up on a the knock-out stages of a football comp I've only had on in the background!


Luckily, Cathedral Rock caught my eye. He's won for us before and is now in a novice handicap – something I usually avoid at all costs. Still, he looked to have a good engine that day and this is a pretty humdrum race. Gifford is in cracking form and has won this race before. Cheekpieces not so inspiring. We can cover ourselves for a place.



£500 Challenge

Cathedral Rock £5 win at 3/1 and £15 place at 4/6.


1 comment: