Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday 23rd February

You must know the challenge bet surely? We've backed him three times already! Hobbs Hill is surprisingly weak this morning but frankly I don't see much to fear in the opposition. Anything better than 4/6 is terrific. He remains the best novice I've seen this year.



Racing Post Chase 3:15 Kempton

Gungadu 6/1

Ungaro 6/1

Dream Alliance 7/1

Burntoakboy 8/1

Bagan 9/1

Simon 10/1

Palarshan 20/1

Ardaghey 20/1


Most of the juice long gone from this race but my ante post portfolio is pleasing. I'm inclined to dive in again this morning though. Dream Alliance ran a cracker in the Hennessey, but bounced to the moon in the Welsh National. He was then set to win last time out when unseating. This course should suit, Dickie is actually pretty good round here, and of Hobbs last 11 runners in this, 7 placed. I'm on at 25s and 20s, but want more at 14s. He is of course capable of running complete stinkers so instead of each way I should probably do savers on a couple – Ungaro and Burnoatkboy probably. However, I have them on-side in my racing fund anyway, and the place price is quite attractive (considering my tissue price and Hobbs record). I'll leave you to choose your own sensible insurance.



Football. Fulham desperately need to win today. It pains me to say it but they probably won't. Anything better than 1.5 West Ham getting something out of the game is fair.


£500 Challenge

Hobbs Hill £25 win at 4/6 or better

Dream Alliance £15 win £10 place at 14/1

1 comment:

  1. ho hum. At last Hobbs Hill got up OK - seemed like something went wrong with him just before he fell - curse of JP McManus buying your horse!

    Dream Alliance folded up v strangely - one to be wary of rightly, and my optimism hopelessly misplaced.

    Tough day.

    ReplyDelete