Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursday 28th February

Well the two possible bets won yesterday, so Boo's stuffed!


I spent a very useful afternoon researching unders/overs football bets. I think I have a good handle on pricing for that now.


Today I was hoping the Racing Post tissue for the Novice chase match at Taunton between Nicholls and Pipe was going to be available – sadly not. Blaeberry should win easily at Ludlow but a long odds on favourite from the Lavelle stable certainly isn't for me. I'll avoid both races.


I could put a football match up for the weekend but will save it, and look at the handicap chase at Ludlow instead.


Ludlow 3:50

Petitjean 4/1

Thistlecraft 4/1

Potts of Magic 9/2

Lindsay 9/2

Spring Lover 11/1


There's doubts about most of these, including the market leaders. It's a leap of faith to think Petitjean will run to his best just because he's fresh; Potts of Magic looks a plodder; Lindsay just about stays the trip – though weakening behind doubtful stayer Mokum last time hardly advertises that; Spring Lover has changed stables and the new one's not firing. Thistlecraft is no world beater but he is the one horse in the line-up in form. He has conditions to suit and should run his race. I don't think the race is as competitve as it may look at first glance.



£500 Challenge

Thistlecraft £4 ew at 11/2 guaranteed, and £12 place at Evens or better

4 comments:

  1. v weak all day.

    Been a rotten end of the month for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:50 PM

    Oh well no good peaking to early !I,m sure you will stike back next few weeks .How,s your record at the festival ?And have you any last minute antepost advice I keep thinking snap tie any thoughts? Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jonah.

    I wouldn't put you off Snap Tie at the price - the Supreme looks a very open race to me.

    "How's your record at the Festival?".

    Well the last two years have been stupendous. Ebazaiyan at 500/1+ and two 5 figure trebles for starters.

    That said, in the early nineties I attended every day for three years and bet in every race and backed not one winner - seriously, not one in 60 races.

    Obviously I believe I've improved, but it could just be randomness!

    I'll post some ante post thoughts tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:38 PM

    Here's hoping you get the hat trick up...! Look forward to any suggestions you may have..I seem to remember your celebration last year, must have been some buzz with Ebazaiyan went in...Jonah

    ReplyDelete