Friday, August 01, 2008

Friday 1st August

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1049 – 3 bets inplay – accounted)

A good week, and I'm not going to spoil it by getting dragged into playing a Goodwood card that looks even harder than yesterday's.

The one race I do like is the first one. However, there are three warnings here, and I will be waiting until the last minute before betting, if at all. Firstly, non runners look certain; secondly, the rains could be coming; and thirdly, I want to try and sense the vibes about Sixties Icon.

Because if Sixties Icon is fit and well this is his for the taking. The other horse with very decent course form, Stotsfold, is the only challenger I'd be worried about and we should be able to construct a nice bet around that.

Something like:
£15 win Sixties Icon
£10 place Stotsfold
£2.50 win Stotsfold

We'll see.


Barking Bets” (Banked £500/Current bank £2953)
Another good day. I'm in no rush to lose these profits – would like to bank some money this weekend.

  1. Tennis – Radwanska beat Pin £240 at 1.1

  2. Possible races Bangor 2:30 and 3:40; plus Thirsk 3:15. They'd have to be mighty tempting though to get me involved.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:33 PM

    Ive just checked the price of Halfway T H and its 5.2 , 1.59 a place ,does this not seem decent value having a cover bet on the place to cover the win bet .Considering the stables recent record and the jockey is riding out of his skin ,or am I missing somthing ???Jonah

    ReplyDelete