Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday 23rd August

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1104 – 4 bets inplay – accounted)

The racing looks remarkably uncompetitive today. I may look silly saying that later! Hard to find obvious bets though, so I'll do my old stand-by of doubles.

Patkai/Sanbuch/Bankable/Winker Watson/New Approach 10x £2 doubles
(add Ravens Pass/Duke of Marmalade) 4 x £1 fivefolds
The top 5 plus Dobriskey (see below) £1 sixfold

Dobriskey runs in the women's 1500m later and has a finishing kick that is hardly associated with British distance runners. I think she'll grab a place. But I'll aim higher and back her without the fave.

£5 Dobriskey w/out Jamal at 3/1



Barking Bets” (Banked £875/Current bank £2746)
3 losers in the last 6 bets has the look of a Wall Street crash in this fund. The first real testing time for the fund!

  1. Vlasic win women's high jump £290 at 1.19

  2. Dutch Ravens Pass/Bankable £290 at 1.17

  3. Dutch New Approach/Duke of Marmalade £290 at 1.22

6 comments:

  1. Vlasic - for fuck's sake.

    The wheels falling off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky York was abandoned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any ideas what the odds were for Hellebaut?
    I'm glad I don't bet on the Olympics cause this one also would have costed me some cash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    I'd guess Hellebaut was 33/1ish.

    Really could do with a Blackburn winner just now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:44 PM

    Stay calm Toots your the man
    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha - cheers Billy!

    ReplyDelete