Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday 14th August

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1070 – 3 bets inplay – accounted)

Let's split bets again today.

  1. Olympics. A lovebet this to be honest, but I've backed Kelly Sotherton virtually every major championship she's been in and she's always grabbed a medal. Looks like it will be close again, and more javelin agony no doubt. Evens is fair though.

Kelly Sotherton £12.50 to win a medal at evens

  1. Salisbury 4:15. Third Set could be Godolphin's new flagbearer – god knows what they've done with all the others – but the going won't help today. A striking aspect of this race is that Hannon trains both the horses likely to put the pace to the race, and both look to have cracking chances in their own right. Ridden sensibly there's every chance the two could stack this field up. I'm split between backing them both, or Ordnance Row to place. Possible non runners, particularly taking field below 8, and the exact state of going will decide. For here I'll go:

Redolent £5 win at 11/2
Ordnance Row £5 win at 6/1
£1.25 rev forecast



Barking Bets” (Banked £775/Current bank £3121)
Seem to be choosing well so far this week – which is probably a case of riding luck because I'm fairly sure I should have sat out some of the plays.

  1. Men's 100m £275 dutch Gay and Bolt at 1.43 (Powell has a very poor championship record)

  2. Possible plays 2:00 and 3:05 Salisbury

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:35 AM

    Hi - I'm new to you blog and I like it a lot. Quick question thought what do you mean by 'dutch'. I've seen it a few times and I don't fully understand it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - welcome.

    Dutching means backing more than one outcome to win the same amount.

    So, using the 100m as an example, I've backed:

    Gay £118 at 3.4 (a bit over 9/4)and
    Bolt £158 at 2.54 (a shade over 6/4)
    My profit on either runner winning after commission is £120, which is the equivalent of a £276 win bet at 1.43ish

    If you want a calculator to work out how much to put on each outcome, there's one on oddschecker.com (drop down menu -"select a power tool"). Or just play around on betfair until you get the numbers you want.

    Hope that helps. They are a big part of my barking bets - so worth getting to grips with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:31 AM

    Thanks that helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:17 AM

    Hi Toots
    Tried to get even monkey on sotherton with ladbrokes but they would only let me have a pony
    billy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tough break Billy. Par for the course these days.

    I got on what I wanted (£275) - Ladbrokes one of the few accounts I'm not limited on - either you are, or they're running scared!

    (you'll probably get matched at 2.04 on betfair if not too greedy)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:22 PM

    Hi Toots
    I have to say you have changed the way I look at betting completeley around.For the better I might add,top tipping with Ordnance Row.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job Ryan.

    I did a small ew double Ordnance Row/Sotherton as part of the portfolio, so come on Kelly, throw that javelin girl!

    ReplyDelete