Saturday, August 30, 2008

Saturday 30th August

£500 Challenge Bet” (£994– 5 bets inplay – accounted)

Updates:
Michael Campbell pootling along very nicely. We've already landed two of the match bets with Jacquelin and Fisher missing the cut. Let's see if he can push onto glory, or at least beat Dyson!

Jankovic not looking too inspiring and Wozniacki every chance of beating her. We'll wait on that match but may need to hedge on Dementieva reaching the final. Safina going ok in the other half of draw but Serena/Venus looking ominous. (My modest ew double Wozniacki/Campbell still alive!)

I've never liked this day's racing and if I do play end up regretting. No doubt I will dabble – Stoute at Sandown more than likely, but I'm going to do a Saturday first and give no bet here today. We have the football bets from yesterday, Arsenal, and the golf and tennis to keep us busy anyway.



Barking Bets” (Banked £875/Current bank £2625)
Normal Saturday.

1. St Helens £250 win rugby at 1.14

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Going with St Helens Toots,but half time & full time
    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Billy.

    Hopeless day for me, all 4 football matches end in draws - City unable to beat 10 men and Notts Co losing lead in 88th minute.

    And I did play the horses, knowing I shouldn't, only for Lang Shining and Roby de Cimbre to each come second.

    Been a tough week, bookended by two horrid Saturdays. Such is a bettor's life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:43 PM

    Hang in there, Tooting.

    Just wanted to say I stumbled upon this nice little blog of yours a couple of days ago. I love this kinda stuff. I agreed with you on Midtylland against Man City, and got on them at the +0.5 line betting, only to have my heart torn out in the 89th minute. We deserved that one! =P I took the St Helens HT/FT today after both you and Billy bet with confidence. Good to get some money back. I look forward to reading more of your analysis and bets. Keep up the good work! -Spike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the bad luck today... but in the long run of things, I think your good analysis will stand you in good stead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:29 PM

    Hi Toots,you could have had a nice little earner laying the opposing teams to your selections because you rarely get a complete reverse.I have made a few quid doing this because mostly you are spot on,cheers.
    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Spike -

    good to see a few posters on here sharing their thoughts - I often feel like I'm taking to no-one (in reality at home I am indeed often talking to no-one - except the dog, and he's not a great judge at the best of times - his favourite gal is a one-eyed husky!)

    ReplyDelete