Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday 22nd August

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1097 – 4 bets inplay – accounted)


Yorkshire Oaks. I thought Lush Lashes would get the trip fine in the Oaks, so am inclined to forgive her. Besides there may not be much pace here – let's hope Manning doesn't mess up again. Michita is very solid and I don't like Passage of Time despite her last two races. Dar Re Mi is worth a go in this class, but for me we can get with the front two at a fair price. I'll try to land a treble with the other carried over races.

£24 dutch Lush Lashes and Michita at 1.5
£6x1 trebles Lush Lashes/Michita/Equiano/Bauer/Milne Graden/Yellowstone




Barking Bets” (Banked £875/Current bank £3036)
What chance Jamaica drop the baton in the two 4x100m sprints? That's the only obvious way they'll lose. Surely less than 10% despite GB/US examples yesterday. I have a feeling the 1.17 available is decent, though rain would put me off.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to say I sat out that relay race...

    Is there something wrong with the marks on that top bend? If not - the mess these relays have been is risible.

    At least Lush Lashes got the job done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats with the Lush Lashes bet. I'd spent a half hour this morning looking through that race, and ended up picking Dar Re Mi as the value bet.

    ReplyDelete