Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday 24th August

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1074 – 3 bets inplay – accounted)

Three wheels on my waggon...!

I was due a kick in the arse. I can't help feeling York being abandoned may have been a blessing in disguise. And at least it was Fulham that dented the Arsenal bet!

And, in reality all that's happened is I've given back August's profits so far, so a sense of proportion required, and in times of yore a betting day like yesterday would have spanked me way harder, so the staking strategy I was moaning about midweek proved its mettle again.

I'll adopt usual tactics and have a day or two off. A steam fair in Shrewsbury should be sufficient to get the enthusiasm back!.


Barking Bets” (Banked £875/Current bank £2709)
Racing kept me in the game – after a terrible week – although Petara Bay nearly scuppered one late play. That hedge on Veronica Campbell has helped staunch the losses as well. The Olympics started well but the athletics caught me out big time.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:49 AM

    Learning from you all the time mate and had a good week cos i only do the ones we agree on plus a few more.This is a great blog and know you will bounce back quickly,the very best of luck,cheers
    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:02 PM

    Backing against Derby is a fab bet at the moment. Had it pointed out to me by a despondent season ticket holder before the season started. Have had a couple of returns.

    Saints 4/1 yesterday. Pity I had them in a Trixie with two other misfiring longshots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:02 PM

    Backing against Derby is a fab bet at the moment. Had it pointed out to me by a despondent season ticket holder before the season started. Have had a couple of returns.

    Saints 4/1 yesterday. Pity I had them in a Trixie with two other misfiring longshots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SG - them trixies are gonna kill you mate!

    (See you in Brighton!)

    ReplyDelete