Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Weds 6th August

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1133 – 1 bet inplay – accounted)

I'm off for a couple of days after today – back to London for one hour's work, then off with old mates to Sandown for the racing and then a hungover game of tennis. Nice.

So, and this is something of a damp squib, here's my Olympics bet. I think there will be ample opportunities for barking bets throughout but this is the only outright bet I ended up with. I'll play it up here rather than in the barking section despite short odds.

The only thing that is crystal clear is China's utter determination to top the medals table. They have been plotting for 8 years to gain most golds, and though the price looks terrible at first glance, I think it's a safe bet. In particular I think we are going to see some decidedly dodgy results in all events that are marked by judges. Don't however be tempted into the most medals market at better prices. USA major in events where they can often pick up more than one medal (eg athletics), whereas China are majoring in events where often there is only one entry per country.

£25 China most golds 2/5


We'll also start a USPGA golf portfolio and, as with the Open last month, top up as we go along.

I'd love to say there's a lot of research gone into this. But there hasn't. I'm giving Garcia yet another last and final chance; keeping Stenson my favourite golfer onside, and seeing if KJ Choi can avoid a snowman on the 72nd hole this time. A loyal bet, made up with the two players playing the most solid golf this year. Hopefully a couple will challenge and put us in a fighting position.

Garcia £1.50ew 25/1
Choi £1.25ew 45/1
Stenson £1.25ew 45/1
Perry £1.25ew 45/1
Karrlsson £1ew 70/1



Barking Bets” (Banked £775/Current bank £2765)
Haas sent us back to the start of the week. These tennis players really do tank a lot, and I wonder how much appearance money has to do with it. This tournament was always likely to be dodgy so we'll shut up shop on that sport for the week. It's the only area not in profit and I've already cut back accordingly.


No obvious bet today.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:11 AM

    Kanami sang imo blog. Daw spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice call on China for most Golds... try Bruce Betting - 8/13 to Top the Model Table which is only marginally worse than most Golds ...Cheers...Perpetual

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good price Perp.

    Not sure about the outfit offering it...I've very few accounts left these days. I've either been limited to death by cowboy outfits or they've gone bust owing me money.

    ReplyDelete