Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday 21st August

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1127 – 4 bets inplay – accounted)


Allyson Felix definitely looks injured. I wouldn't blame anyone for getting out of that bet, although she still looks at least second best. Personally I'm going to hedge with Veronica Campbell in the barking bets fund.

Tomorrow looks like a racing day, so we'll do Saturday's football today.

Blackburn are 4/6 with Ladbrokes to beat Hull. They seem very keen to get the team, which is a worry, as my ratings have Blackburn priced at 1.5 for this. I think they are betting on apparent unrest in the camp, rather than beief in Hull. Fulham should have been away and gone after half an hour last week, whilst Blackburn got a great result at Everton. Hull's away form last season was very poor, and I'd say there's a considerable class gap here. I'll go against Ladbrokes.

I think we'll do an accumulator every weekend as well this season, though last week may be the closest we get!

Blackburn beat Hull £25 win at 4/6
Blackburn/Southend/Plymouth/Barnet £2.50 win acc at 20/1+

(For Jonah – Chester – heavy ground, poor horses, good luck with that project! The Racing Post seems all over him like a rash but the only horse that appeals is Leslingtaylor. I've always liked him and he should enjoy the conditions. Say £2.50 win at 11/2 for interest's sake! Have a good night.)


Barking Bets” (Banked £875/Current bank £2692)
I forgot to account for Lolo Jones yesterday – that hurt – went 1:01 in-running – but Gail Devers managed the same feat twice so I should have guessed. Strange that I'll play the same event today!

  1. Robles £290 win 110m Hurdes at 1.2

  2. Veronica campbell £290 at evens (If Felix wins these losses are accounted against that)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:32 AM

    Cheers for that ,only live 15 mins from the track and conditions will be worse by off time if it carries on ...I like the horse myself and will have a dabble ,shame about the Post I hate it when that happens .....GL as ever Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:40 AM

    Hi Toots
    Gone in strong on Robles and Campbell,GL
    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Billy!

    ReplyDelete