Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday 25th August

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1109 – 2 bets inplay – accounted)

Nothing like spending a Sunday in bank holiday traffic jams to make you want to get back in the saddle!

US Open tennis.

The men's tournament had me chewing my front trotter off after about half an hour so I've swerved it entirely.

The women's tournament looks even more unfathomable but it does have an interesting shape to it. The 4th quarter looks a decent place to be. The shrewdies hate Jankovic and have given up on her ever winning a slam. I tend to agree on the whole – all that injury nonsense is a sure sign of mental fragility. On the other hand she is second best rated in the world and that's because she usually goes deep in a tournament. The two in her draw who could trouble her play each other early on, but should they beat her in round 3 could then have a real good run to the final – with Kuznetsova off form and Dementieva surely due a letdown after Beijing. Anyway, enough prattle – here's the portfolio. The bookies let me down badly in accepting bets and I ended up adding Safina to make up the stakes – how amateur is that!

Jankovic £15 win 4th quarter at 13/8
Safina £5 win outright at 6/1
Wozniacki £2 ew at 66/1
Azarenka £1 ew at 28/1 (33/1 available but the Tote would only allow me £6 – risible)


For the horses I'll probably continue with Many Volumes, who looks likely to drift this afternoon.


Barking Bets” (Banked £875/Current bank £2500)
12/17 last week – hopeless and £400 down on the week. Gonna take some time to get back to the new benchmark.

Some racing opportunities today maybe.

1. Tennis Azarenka beat Zakopolova £250 at 1.1

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Been following your blog for over a week now, and I think your tips and logical and well thought out.

    Going with Many Volumes today as well, hopefully it will make both of us some money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Boon - a nice win - has paid for my tennis bets at least!

    Shame I forgot to put a stake alongside so can't count it on here!

    ReplyDelete