Saturday, August 09, 2008

Saturday 9th August

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1095 – 3 bets inplay – accounted)

Golf update: Garcia and Stenson still in the mix and it looks wide open. We'll top up with another slew of arrers and see where we are this time tomorrow.

O'Hair £1.50 at 20/1
Toms £1.50 at 25/1
Baddeley £1.50 at 22/1
Poulter £1 at 125/1
Trahan £1 at 80/1
Michael Campbell £1 at 180/1


Racing:
The Shergar Cup isn't a betting event for me, and with all the rain about I'll be keeping it quiet all day. The one race we can attack with verve and gusto is the Arlington Million. I don't know the American horses, but looking through the form there really doesn't seem much to worry the two raiders. I prefer Archipenko of the two, but we're in O'Brien land again, and angels fear to tread there.

Arlington Million: £25 dutch Archipenko and Mount Nelson at around 8/11



Football:
Here we go at last! I looked back over last year's postings and it was a useful reminder to treat my ratings with caution for the first few games. The odds compilers really take into account transfer activity in a way my ratings can't. I'd guess they probably overreact, but I'll still tread quietly for a few weeks.

Southend for example are being labelled a selling club, and Peterborough a buying club, and the odds today reflect that. My ratings though have Southend odds on for this match. Last year I'd have steamed in and paid the price. This year I'll still play but let's spread the love by including two other teams clear on ratings but who presumably have not done a lot pre season.

Southend beat Peterborough £8 at 11/8
Carlisle beat Bristol Rovers £8 at 2/1
Rochdale beat Grimsby £8 at 7/4
£1 treble



Barking Bets” (Banked £775/Current bank £2490)
I got back from London just in time to get stuck into the Haydock maiden. A hungover mistake I feel cross with myself for! And one that's ruined this week.

I'll be careful today.
Possibly 2:35 Haydock Dutch Smokey Oakey/Multidimensional and Flying Clarets (soft lead).
Other possible races – Redcar 4:10; Lingfield 5:40 and 6:10; and Ayr 6:20.

A long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment