Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday 18th August

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1146 – 4 bets inplay – accounted)

I'll stick with the Olympics on a quiet day today.

Allyson Felix looked special last year. She joined that special group in my mind's eye of runners who look graceful and effortless – Coe, Gabrielselassie, Pietro Mennea. I was convinced she'd become a great and was getting ready to bet accordingly. Then I caught her a couple of times on eurosport last month and she looked sluggish and off-form. She has run a good time recently though, and I think at the prices I'm going to stick with my earlier memories. That hasn't been the best of ideas so far – Kelly, Nicole (Sanders) and Paula have all shown the rather obvious need for form.

So, let's back her up with someone in the form of his life, who could just grab a bronze and, in a very messy event – who knows.

Felix win 200m £19 win at 11/8
Baddeley 1500m £2 ew at 33/1
£1 ew double



Barking Bets” (Banked £875/Current bank £3061)
A couple of good plays in the athletics got me off to a good start for the week. The prices have been very attractive.

1. Mens team track pursuit - £290 GB at 1.08

No comments:

Post a Comment