Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday 14th November

£500 Challenge Bet” (£897 - 5 bets inplay – accounted)

Cheltenham.

I think I'll dabble today – the card looks typically difficult – I'll do a placepot, and try to get rich with a treble on Church Island (along with half the RP staff), Puntal (based on last year's ridiculous run) and Paddleyourowncanoe (if he could possibly try this time, he's ridiculously well handicapped). Ornais and Battlecry both look opposable in the Graduation race, but whether you could actually back the other two runners...

Both Nicholls hotpots look very good, but priced badly with decent opposition here. You'd think they were at Taunton or somewhere.

The Cross Country has a barking bets shape to it for those bold enough.

Football tonight and my ratings throw up Chesterfield to beat Shrewsbury and I'll play even though Shrewsbury are probably my bogey team so far this season. I'm going to build a silly looking perm including asians and draw no bet and a win bet,, I'll keep it simple for the blog.

Chesterfield £25 win at 6/4



Barking Bets” (Banked £1275/Current bank £3177)
Newcastle 1:30 worth a look.



Snippet of the day”
They say I shot a man named Gray
And took his wife to Italy
She inherited a million bucks
And when she died it came to me.
I can't help it if I'm lucky.”


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I remembered when Ruby Walsh looked to have taken the wrong course a few years ago but the little bushes didn't count - saved me my stake on the race being able to back Dix Villez at Evens in the stewards.

    And frankly that's the only thing I've doen right today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:00 PM

    You and me both ,placepots down in the fifth the money spoke i didnt listen!!Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:41 PM

    Come on Chesterfield
    Billy

    ReplyDelete