Saturday, November 08, 2008

Saturday 8th November

£500 Challenge Bet” (£886 - 5 bets inplay – accounted)

Football.
Only one match came out playable on the ratings and that's Sheffield Wednesday to beat Doncaster. I'm a bit perturbed that the leader of the Bookmaker naps table in the Racing Post has napped Doncaster, but am happy to be able to get longer than betfair odds this morning.

Racing
Difficult day. As Jonah says the Racing Post have done Island Flyer's price no good at all. The front three in the betting look rock solid to me. These early season chases aren't really ones to take a stance like that, but there's no other race that appeals as a betting medium.

You could argue that both Tom George's horses are only being denied favouritism by Nicholls' reputation and record at Wincanton. I'll do a double on them, and throw in Sir Harry Ormesher for the treble as he looks like he may be underestimated, and I wasn't blown away personally with Breedsbreeze's last run. The rest of today's fund I'll throw away on the Scoop6.

Perpetual kindly recommended Katchit for the Order of Merit and I had a nibble last night at 10s. I think he's got it all to do today to be honest, and 5/4 was way too short – however the drift is beginning to make him backable!

Strictly Come Dancing
Since I backed her at 5/4 to be eliminated, Heather Small has drifted to 13/8 and bigger. You can count on me for sound advice... This appears to be due to a feeling that John has outstayed his welcome, and that the tango is actually going to suit her. The latter may be truer than the former, but I'll play again, this time though dutching with Jodie Kidd to cover ourselves.


Sheff Weds beat Doncaster £27.5 at 5/6
0-0 £2.50 at 11/1

Dutch Island Flyer/Leading Attraction/Trigger The Light £20 at 1.5

Kilcrea Asla and Island Flyer £4 double
Kilcrea Asla/Island Flyer/Sir Harry Ormesher £1 treble

Dutch Heather Small and Jodie Kidd to be eliminated £5 at Evens




Barking Bets” (Banked £1275/Current bank £3357)
Sandown 1:20 and 1:55 possibles; otherwise I'll have to wait until the football inrunning.



Snippet of the day”
I said rip it up and rip it up and rip it up and rip it up and rip it up and start again.”

2 comments:

  1. That was a choker Jonah.

    I like Paddy Brennan generally. But I really dislike jockeys travelling so wide at tracks like Wincanton.

    Not only does it cost lengths, but I think the horses have to make a greater effort at key moments in the race.

    Thought George's two horses were the best in their races accordingly.

    Thankful for Sheffield Wednesday for hanging on - would have been a bloodbath for me otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:40 PM

    I knew when I opened the paper this morning it was going tits up . As you will know better than most some days you get that gut feeling it aint happening today ! Thanks for your comments appreciate it ....Jonah

    ReplyDelete