Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sunday 2nd November

£500 Challenge Bet” (£902 - 4 bets inplay – accounted)

Liverpool – now that was just a silly game. And that was an awful October for this fund. November has to improve if I'm to stave off gainful employment. I'll drop stakes down slightly for single bets, but keep split bets at current level.

Today's football sees Bolton take on Man City, who remain over-rated by the markets. My main problem is fear of goals, which is identical to my feeling about the Middlesborough game against Man City midweek. I didn't play that game in the end and, despite the usual nagging cliche of weddings and funerals, I'll put my betting suit on today.

It's also the New York marathon. Paula looked in great shape last weekend and I think she'll get back on top here. Geta Wami ran Boston just a few weeks ago and should be happy with her money, and whilst this has a nice shape for a barking bet I think I'll include it up here. The one to be careful of is Goucher.

Bolton £15 +0.5 at 1.7+
Paula Radcliffe £12.50 at 6/5
Kara Goucher £2.50 at 10/1



Barking Bets” (Banked £1175/Current bank £3477)
12:40 Wetherby went tits up yesterday, so I couldn't have started the day worse. However, the rest was fine, including adding Everton (and 0-0) in-running, to end up in profit. Be nice to find a small bet to finish week on £3500.




Snippet of the day”
Here's a couple 'Arry quotes from the investigation into Portsmouth manager market. Within the same paragraph – roughly as I remember it.

We've got a computer upstairs, but I don't even know how to turn it on....”

Thanks to everyone for all the e-mails of support.”

When he retires he should train racehorses.


6 comments:

  1. good work today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks villars.

    A better day - I expect most of the silent watchers have drifted away over the last month - I don't blame them - but only the long-term folk appreciate the ups and the downs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey tooting!

    I'm still following your blog, as a silent watcher ;)

    I really appreciate your posting your selections and analysis. It helps me sometimes to see if my train of thought and analysis is not bordering on the crazy.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:39 AM

    I'm a silent watcher and I don't think I'll ever drift away. Yours is the only blog I check daily, your analysis is superb and you have helped to improve my betting no end.
    Keep up the good work Toots, onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top man Toots,really needed guidance on the Bolton match and you gave me it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all - let's all have a great November!

    ReplyDelete