Friday, November 07, 2008

Friday 7th November

£500 Challenge Bet” (£886 - 5 bets inplay – accounted)

Good day yesterday. On the other hand I woke up suddenly realising that I was now officially older than the next President of the United States. Intimations of mortality and reflections on a life properly wasted ensued!



I swear you used to be able to rely on Friday's to produce some decent racing cards. Today's reads like an average Monday.

According to Pete's race is the only one that interests me, but I'm going to hold fire for now – the going is a worry, especially for possible non runners, and the price isn't quite right either.


Barking Bets” (Banked £1275/Current bank £3282)
Even more worried about Mad Vera Zvonareva for my tennis bet, with Jankovic “injured” yesterday and with little to play for. Tempted to get out but this fund isn't really one for hedging. Looks another blank day otherwise.



Snippet of the day”
Well, now time's passed and now it seems
Everybody's having them dreams;
Everybody sees themselves walkin' around with no one else.
Half of the people can be part right all of the time,
Some of the people can be all right part of the time,
But all of the people can't be all right all of the time.
I think Abraham Lincoln said that.
"I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours"
I said tha
t.”


7 comments:

  1. Terrible apostrophe - forgive me. I was an English teacher once you know!

    I changed to a barking bet on According to Pete. Regretted it when he drifted to 4/5, but shouldn't grumble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:03 PM

    I know Nicolls cleans up at Wincanton but I fancy the bottom one to have a big say in the 1525 Sat. .Won round the track ,jumping right could suit, stayed on over 2mile 6 last time, stable in good form .Gone up in the weights I know but may still be improving ??Would appreciate your view on the race if you get chance ....cheers Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have a look for tomorrow Jonah - I liked the horse last year.

    I hedged out on Jankovic when she led in the 3rd set - this after prevaricating right the way through the 1st and 2nd sets and thinking I'd missed the boat. Unusual for me to get a hedge right, and a blessed relief for the barking fund.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:27 PM

    Hey Tooting

    I know you not fan of long term bets, but you could do a lot worse that Katchit at 10/1 for the BHA Order of Merit. Easy points tomorrow hopefully!
    Cheers
    Perpetual

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perp - that is a tempting price - only five runs maximum though, (reading the stable tour) so he'll have to go as well as last year.

    I'll have a nibble - cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:39 AM

    Looking at the post its hardly sneaked under the radar ,pisses me off when that happens .Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep - I'd be far richer over the years had Pricewise not existed.

    That said Gerald Delamere is a far better judge than me.

    ReplyDelete