Saturday, November 01, 2008

Saturday 1st November

£500 Challenge Bet” (£939 - 5 bets inplay – accounted)

Racing:
End of flat – start of jumps – you've been warned.

I'll keep it quiet.

2:05 Ascot.
A lot of these will be having preps, or simply be unfit. Similar to Roan Chase which made a fool of me so be careful. I think I'll play though as I like Air Force One, and a couple of the outsiders look too long, so we can build a reasonable portfolio.

2:20 Wetherby
We can dutch the front two here. If Theatre Belle is a non runner, this would move ideally to the barking bets fund.

I'll also play the scoop 6 and the probably easier to win jackpot, and doubles but won't bore you with the details.

Air Force One £8 at 11/4+
Out The Black £4 at 16/1+
Ontheother hand £1 win at 25/1+
£1 ew double County Zen and Out The Black
Dutch Blaeberrry and My Petra £15 at 4/6


Football.
Scunthorpe look just about undervalued but this might be the last time. Their main striker may be injured which has to be a worry, but I'm playing. The media have gone mad for 'Arry – the chiselling little crook certainly breeds confidence – but they were lucky to get anything from Arsenal and frankly Liverpool should be odds on here in a midfield mis-match.

Scunthorpe £15 win at 4/6
Liverpool £12.50 at 6/5
£2.50 6fold – Liverpool/Charlton/Ipswich/Leicester/Scunthorpe/Bolton



Barking Bets” (Banked £1175/Current bank £3202)
12:40 Wetherby; and Ascot 2:40 and 3:10 possibles.
Ladbrokes going 1.46 Man Utd/Chelsea is also tempting, but I'll probably skip.


Snippet of the day”
Thinks of Edward, still at college
Sends him letters which he doesn't acknowledge”



5 comments:

  1. Hi Toots,you have made me look again at Air Force and I now see the edge.Love the football comment,be lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:35 AM

    Agree with your odds about Liverpool.
    You're not saying that HR left Bournemouth,West Ham and Portsmouth in debt are you ,Toots? Still,Billy Bonds thinks the world of him(not!)

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:49 PM

    I was being ironic,Toots!
    He might get results,but he comes at a price to those who left behind.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:16 PM

    Bizarre day really!

    Anyhoo, decided to nail my colours (and cash to the mast) on Jones Jr ro beat Calzaghe.

    Not sure why, and I am actually a fan of Calzaghe.But there was something in the fight with Hopkins that rang bells (althoughh the formline of that win now looks pretty good).

    Jones is nothing like he was. But Angelo Dundee once said that styles make matches. This fight looks to be one that will be technical. Calzaghes hands are gone and I think he is cautious about throwing heavy shots.

    I take Jones on points 9/2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Saturday gambler - Setanta pay per view?

    Anyone wanting an insight into Harry could do worse than read Tom Bowers "Broken Dream" which has an illuminating chapter on his dealing with agents whilst at West Ham.

    ReplyDelete