Sunday, November 09, 2008

Sunday 9th November

£500 Challenge Bet” (£897 - 5 bets inplay – accounted)

A bit of a frustrating day yesterday – one that ended up all square if you include Heather Small's elimination. (I'd rather clean up dog pooh with my bare hands than listen to an hour of Mariah Carey covers, so I missed Laura's demise and am rather pretending it hasn't happened!)

I was going to back Murray/Federer for Shanghai but this end of season malarkey is fraught with injuries, apathy and fatigue. I'll skip.

As for the football, I'll hunker down out of the rain and hope Woy's new forwards can get us a decent three points at home, but if you think I'd put money on it... I'm keener on Villa, but not at the prices. There is the merest hint of juice in opposing Middlesborough though – one for the barking bets maybe. Although I remain unconvinced laying football teams is wise in that fund, it's doing OK so far, so I'll continue until reality strikes.


Barking Bets” (Banked £1275/Current bank £3182)
Yesterday started badly with an impetuous play at Kelso. The novice chase at Sandown and Liverpool got some of it back. Looks like a losing week though.


Snippet of the day”
Waiting for a miracle,
But nothing ever happens.”

(Still, £2m up for grabs next Saturday!)

1 comment: