Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday 24th November

£500 Challenge Bet” (£864- 5 bets inplay – accounted)

Phil Taylor marches on. Thank heavens for that.

I actually have a main bet today. My ratings suggest that Everton and Wigan are pretty much the same sides they were a year ago. Last year Everton took 28/36 points against the bottom 6. Wigan certainly look to be that again this year, especially if form that has seen them score only 3 goals at home continues. Everton's slow start seems to have left them underrated here.

Everton £3.50 win at 15/8
Draw No Bet £7.50 at Evens
Lay Wigan £14 at 1.5+



Barking Bets” (Banked £1275/Current bank £3252)
There's a discussion about Harry Findlay's methodology (or lack of it) over at the racing forum. Worth checking out, if not for Ginger giving me lessons on sucking eggs, then for carvillshill's assertion that he'd bet all he has that this fund will go bust. If he's right I'm well and truly fucked.

The horses have actually done well in this fund so far. 206 wins from 240 bets and 104.8% returns.

So I guess it's lucky I'm open-minded and flexible enough to seek out new approaches and stubborn enough to paddle my own canoe!

Ayr and Ludlow do have races that may be worth considering –
Ayr 1:10 but probably too tight around 90% the front two
Ayr 1:40 The front three, but there's some lurkers not least Lungo's.
Ludlow 12.50 – but Egerton's muddies the water.
I'll be surprised to play.



Snippet of the day”
We were no match for their untamed wit
But some of the lads say they'll be back next week.”

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:47 PM

    Hi Toots,as regards the forum,successful guys like your good self will always bring the jealous Dickheads out.You have put me ,and I would guess quite a few others in the right direction,good luck to you son.
    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:57 PM

    I echo Billy,s comments!!By remaining flexable and not being afraid of trying new things your approach throws in a different slant on things and long may it continue.There are thousands out there doing thier money week in week out because they cant or wont change...God knows there are some clowns about>...Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its good that you are flexible in your system, Toots. There are many out there who only follow a certain "system", and although I have no doubt that there are systems that work, I am a firm believer in not following a set of rules and instead evaluating each betting opportunity on its own merit and circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:26 PM

    I echo the above 3 comments. You have opened my eyes and made me a lot more flexible. Sometimes simple solutions are the best!
    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys - rally round the flag.

    Sadly, after today's results carvillshill will be collecting on his bet sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:43 AM

    Bloody football eh!!I watched the game, Everton should have been 2 up after 10 mins ,then could have been 2 down by half time.When Artetta aint at it they struggle to create in open play.I didnt play but at the prices it looked value to me...Are you feeling added pressure now someone has put the hex on the fund?....Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jonah - ha - no, I've got enough pressure digging the other fund out of the slump it's in! It's one thing not earning any money, quite another losing it. The backside of full-time gambling can be pretty ugly!

    Can't wait for when the barking bets fund is into 5 figures and flying.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see it become my main fund. Onwards and upwards.

    ReplyDelete