Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday 13th November

£500 Challenge Bet” (£897 - 5 bets inplay – accounted)

My connection to blogger went tits up yesterday and I was unable to post my daily offering until too late, but I've put it up anyway for continuity's sake.

Today I'll waste my time (and money) looking to crack the Tote Ten to Follow. And have an eye on Clonmel where I'll be following Ruby Walsh's fortunes closely though quite how I'm yet to decide.

The prices are typically stingy, especially for horses first time up. Ladbrokes go a stand-out 7/4 Snowy Morning which suggests they know something but I felt obliged to take some anyway. They also go 11/2 Light on the Broom – 14/1 elsewhere. That's as big a differential as I think I've ever seen in early odds!




Barking Bets” (Banked £1275/Current bank £3177)
Racing again helpful yesterday. There's no obvious races today though, nor nothing much else sadly.



Snippet of the day”
Mange tout, Rodney, mange tout”

(ok, that's enough!)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:26 AM

    Hi Toots,have you ever been close on the ten to follow.
    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. I just do it for fun really, though I did come around 12th one month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:53 PM

    Wasting my time going "all in" on the scoop6 this weekend Toots.

    With 5 handicaps and the Paddy power to contend with my nimble £2 amphibian bet should easily avoid the whales swimming around the pool this saturday ... ... not!

    If you receive a postcard from an exotic island, then you know I've cracked it.

    www.slipperytoad.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha - yes, how do you manage to come up with a winning perm Findlay/Squirrel et al haven't already included?

    If I was a big whale taking it seriously I think I'd specifically construct perms around the "blow-out" horses of the other big players.

    Being a minnow I'll take the Agnes Haddock approach instead.

    Good luck to all fellow dreamers.

    ReplyDelete